SUGAR FREE FLAPJACKS.
Last year I was diagnosed with Candida (read more here) and I mentioned sharing some simple sugar and yeast free recipes that have been my go-to since. So here we are!
When cutting out two huge food ingredients it can be challenging to feel like you’re ever having a ‘treat’. But these sugar free flapjacks are absolutely up there with the real deal.
A lot of sugar free flapjacks recipes are with honey, or dates. But with my symptoms, both of these things exacerbate the issue! I wanted to create something with the same texture and sweet taste, but that wasn’t going to cause my tummy any jip.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15-20 mins
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 300g rolled oats
- 200g unsalted butter
- 8 tbsp Agave syrup
- Pinch of salt and cinnamon
- Mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Preheat oven to 180c (fan assisted oven)
- Measure out your oats and put them in a mixing bowl
- Pop all your butter in a pan and melt down on a low heat (we don’t want it bubbling!)
- Once reduced, add your agave syrup and stir to combine
- Pour the butter and agave into the mixing bowl and stir to combine
- Sprinkle salt and cinnamon to taste
- Transfer across to a baking tray – just a small one will do! You’ll be able to gauge which size works best from the thickness of the mixture. Our tray makes 8, and they’re pretty dense!
- Put in the oven for 15-20 mins or until golden brown
- As soon as they’re out, use a knife to divide into squares
- Let them completely cool and solidify before removing from the tray