HOW TO TIE A HEADSCARF, TWO WAYS.
Throughout summer I discovered my love for the headscarf.
In the UK, the weather has been record breaking levels of warm. And so working out fun ways to have my hair up, instead of down, was a no-brainer.
There are two main styles that I go for, the top knot, and the low pony.
I’ve been asked so many times over the last few months just how I achieve these styles. So today, I wanted to share a little how-to guide, for you to recreate these looks at home. They are incredibly easy and each take less than a few minutes.
THE TOP KNOT
- Gather your hair on top of your head. I tend to leave about an inch from the top of my fringe to wear my messy bun will begin.
- Wrap your hair round itself in a circle motion. Secure with your finger.
- With your free hand, tie a hair bobble round to fasten (the tighter the better).
- Place the scarf at the back of your top knot and bring it round to the front.
- Fold one piece under the other, as if beginning to tie shoelaces.
- Pull tightly, and voila! You’re done.
THE LOW PONY
- For this one, hair bobbles are abandoned. The headscarf is going to do all the work here. Throw your hair back creating a gap between your neck/back and hair. Place the scarf underneath.
- Thread one side of the scarf through the other, and secure. (same as the top knot tutorial)
- This time we want to create a little more support, to do this tie the scarf in a knot.
- Pull tightly and there you have it!
Two super easy tutorials to add a little more interest to otherwise simplistic hairstyles.
I really hope you love creating these looks at home and if you share any images, please use #HairByMegs so I can see!
SHOP MY LOOKS:
PHOTOGRAPHY BY SHWETA SHUKLA